Friday 23 May 2014

#1 Life is a lesson ~ Fixing a puncture!


Well it's good to get some practice in I guess...

Yesterday my bike received a puncture! Usually I would go straight to the shop instead of tackling the problem by myself, however as we all know its not long until I'll be off on the road all by my little old self! What an opportunity to get me prepared <3 nbsp="" p="">
In the moments leading up to the repair, my heart was racing, "can I do this all by myself" I thought, "what if it all goes wrong, I might create another hole or maybe tear the inner tube and not be able to find a new one". As despair set in I gently reminded myself that with love comes knowledge, then poof out of nowhere I realised I've seen how to do this many times before, "Dad fixed mine loads of times and I got to watch!". The calm of my breath returned as I slowly opened the tyre. As soon as I pulled the first part of the inner tube out, the hole revealed itself and I had need not go further. Unsure which side of the inner tube plaster to face down and which side to face up, I tried both and it became clear which wanted to be closer to the tyre. With a couple of minutes and a lot of tyre glue, it was a success :D  

No comments:

Post a Comment