Sunday 25 May 2014

How are you going to do that?!


I have up to this point been convinced that I am fully able to do between 10 and 15 km per hour for 6 hours per day enabling me to complete my journey from Toulouse to Portugal in time for boom festival. However as this will be the first grand excursion on two wheels and I keep hearing 'that's a lot of km for one day', I feel I should maybe start hitting the road to see exactly how many km I can achieve. Stay tuned!

There have also been a few other points raised today, which I feel are important to consider. Those include; "where exactly do you think you'll be staying each night", "be sure you don't travel in the hottest part of the day", "have you got a plan of the road surfaces", "you know that the weight of your stuff will slow you down!" and my favourite "are you doing it alone?!"

Most of these concerns have been thought out, not the road surfaces one !? That made me chuckle a little and I have to admit it's probably useful information, but I want this to remain an adventure, so I will not be having a road surface survey done!

My plan is to hit the road early and get most of the journey done before 11am then I can take it slower in the afternoon. This is something that I will discover when I hit the road, but of course the hottest hours are not the best, I would after all like to make it, hydrated and well.

By night I have a few options, they include couchsurfing.com, warmshowers.com and of course the good ole tent... which will be part of the luggage that I actually thought wouldn't slow me down to much :/ ( schedule test number 2! )

Alone... I find that many people are afraid to travel by themselves. I was once afraid, until I discovered that, when you travel alone you are able to choose what you want to do, when you want to do it without questioning the other or feel obligated to stay with your travel buddy! (It's a serious amount of freedom) I actually found myself opening up quicker to new people and meeting a wider range of people I may never have met had I not been alone. Life will lead me where I have to be, of that I'm sure <3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment