Friday 6 June 2014

#4 Life is a lesson ~ Home made natural sunscreen



Today I decided it was time to make my sunscreen. Last year I decided I would no longer use store bought sunscreen as there are so many chemicals in the bottle! Not only that but they block the process of absorption for vitamin D. Reducing chemicals on, in and around my body has been a big focus for me over the past 2 years, through stopping smoking, massively reducing alcohol intake, using natural soaps and shampoos, limiting my chemical cleaning warfare to washing up liquid and cutting out make-up.
Now is the start of my home-made era <3 p="">
For this recipe and a lot of useful information regarding the use of sunscreen I visited wellnessmama.com.The site is packed with recipes, advice and information about a natural, home-made lifestyle for you, your family and your home.

Ingredients
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup of beeswax
1/4 cup of coconut oil
3 drops of lavender essential oil
2 spoons of Zinc oxide powder     

Directions
Put all ingredients, except Zinc oxide into a jar. Put the lid on your jar loosely and place in a saucepan with approx 2 inches of water. Heat the water and stir your ingredients regularly until they have melted and blended together. Remove from the heat and stir in the Zinc oxide. Leave your Jar in a cool dry place to cool and use as you would regular sunscreen. Use within 6 months.

You can purchase all the ingredients from your local pharmacy or herbal store.

Look after your body and <3 life="" p="" your="">

No comments:

Post a Comment